I am Viktoria, surface pattern designer, maker and mum. The photos above show very accurately who I am, a little bit awkward when in front of the camera, coffee- and book-lover, always cuddling my Daughter whenever she needs me/lets me, being outdoors when not painting or crafting something. And these autumn colours... they have my heart.
My passion is to paint patterns with watercolour and ink, then turning them into repeat is just as much fun for me. My main source of inspiration is this wonderful little person and our adventures together, nature, folk art and the infinite variation of colours. I also love sewing, so I mainly design with fabric collections in mind, therefore most of my work is pattern-based, but I am more than happy to work on placement prints, illustrations you have in mind seeing my portfolio.
Selected client list:
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- London Museum of Water and Steam
- Morris & Muriel Candles
- numerous small children's clothing businesses
- 2017 Make Art That Sells - assignment bootcamp
- 2013-2015 Make it in Design - surface pattern design course
- 2006-2010 University of Szeged - art teacher degree with specialising in Stained glass (my courses at uni included drawing, painting, typography, sculpture, ceramics, enamel, pedagogy, psychology and many more shorter courses)
- 2004-2005 Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design - fabric design course