I am Viktoria, surface pattern designer, maker and mum, from Hungary, living in London. I love painting watercolour patterns, then turning them into repeat. My main source of inspiration is nature, folk art and the infinite variation of colours. And since becoming a Mama of a sweet little girl, she inspires me every day.
I have been drawing, painting and sewing since I was very little. So as an adult I paint my motifs, create my patterns and then they end up as three different things:
- I license them mostly for fabrics, mainly for children's clothing, but I am fortunate to work with other kind of companies and small businesses too.
- I print them on fabrics, and then I sew different things like blankets, bags, toys. In this case I love owning the whole process.
- Based on my own work I post in my portfolio and on social media I take on commission work as well where I get to design tableware, cards, puzzles etc.
Selected client list:
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- London Museum of Water and Steam
- Morris & Muriel Candles
- numerous small children's clothing businesses
- 2017 Make Art That Sells - assignment bootcamp
- 2013-2015 Make it in Design - surface pattern design course
- 2006-2010 University of Szeged - art teacher degree with specialising in Stained glass (my courses at uni included drawing, painting, typography, sculpture, ceramics, enamel, pedagogy, psychology and many more shorter courses)
- 2004-2005 Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design - fabric design course